OBTAINING DAMAGES FOR HOSPITAL ANESTHESIA ERRORS
Hospitals, doctors, anesthesiologists, nurses and other medical professionals have years and years of training, and procedures are set in place to avoid mistakes and provide a high standard of care. These professionals are held to a high standard of care because of the harm that can occur when they do make mistakes.
Whether through incompetence or carelessness, thousands of people lose their lives in hospitals needlessly each year.
Anesthesiology errors are especially frightening. When an anesthesiologist makes a mistake – such as a dosage error, intubation error or failure to monitor the patient – the results can be catastrophic. The patient could suffer serious injuries or death.
Among mistakes that hospitals make is to hire the wrong doctor for a particular special role, or a doctor with a record of serious errors. Failure of supervision or correction of problem doctors may also constitute negligence.
Both a negligent doctor and the hospital may be responsible when serious mistakes are made. These include:
- Anesthesia mistakes: Dosage errors, insufficient dosage, failure to monitor the patient, intubation injuries, and communication errors
- Prescribing unsafe medication or the wrong dose
- Failure to diagnose cancer before it is too late
- Birth injuries leaving children with lifelong problems
- Failure to recognize preventable problems, including heart attack
- Post-surgical infections
- Failure to consult with a specialist
- Failure to order or evaluate necessary tests
- Leaving surgical instruments or sponges in body
- Punctures or lacerations to surrounding organs
- Unnecessary surgery
- Wrong-site surgery
- Radiological errors
Attorneys at Davis & Davis understand our clients who have suffered due to the carelessness of hospitals and doctors who seemed like they were on autopilot, who refused to pay attention to your loved one’s signs and symptoms and to your family’s concerns. We are one of the only firms in the area with the expertise to investigate the circumstances and expose hospital and anesthesia malpractice.
Get answers to frequently asked questions about anesthesia errors.
Free Consultation: Contact Us Today
Davis & Davis proudly accepts referrals from Texas attorneys and law firms nationwide.