Cerebral Palsy Lawyers
Cerebral palsy has various causes, including congenital ones. But problems, especially lack of oxygen, immediately before, during or after birth are also common causes. It can take years to recognize that your child has cerebral palsy, but you probably want to know how it happened. And if it was caused by careless mistakes of a doctor or hospital, you may be entitled to money to pay the high costs that will be necessary to care for your child.
The condition varies widely in its effect on the body. Generally, messages from the brain to the rest of the body are disrupted. Use of muscles is affected, but severity can extend to mental retardation.
Errors that can cause cerebral palsy include:
- Failing to perform a cesarean section in a timely manner
- Failing to diagnose infection in the mother during childbirth
- Leaving the child in the birth canal for too long
- Improper use of forceps or vacuum
- Failure to properly monitor fetal heart rate and respond appropriately
- Failing to treat seizures following delivery
- Failing to recognize and handle a prolapsed umbilical cord
You will need an experienced medical malpractice attorney to explore the cause of your child’s illness and whether you have a strong legal case against any responsible party. Davis & Davis is one of the only firms in the area handling such cases. We have the experience and resources to be successful.
Your child will need treatment and accommodations. We cannot reverse the damage completely but funding for your expenses can make life a little easier.
For an appointment, email a medical negligence lawyer, or call 713-364-0314 or toll-free at 877-202-0835.
Davis & Davis proudly accepts referrals from Texas attorneys and law firms nationwide.