Medication errors are almost entirely preventable, and if you or a loved one was harmed as a result of one, you should strongly consider hiring an experienced Houston, Texas medication error lawyer who can help you fight for the compensation you deserve and need. Contact Davis & Davis to schedule a free consultation with our dedicated legal team.
Medication Error in Houston, Texas | Here to Fight for You
You told the medical team about the medication allergy, but something went wrong and now your loved one will never be the same. They should have listened. They should have cared. Preventable medication errors are some of the most common medical negligence, or malpractice, cases. At the Houston law firm of Davis & Davis, we believe hospitals and nursing homes and the doctors, nurses and other members of the care teams should be held accountable for preventable errors. They may have refused to listen to you, but they will listen to us. Reach out to a dependable Harris County, Texas medical malpractice lawyer from our firm so we can begin fighting for your rightful compensation.
Common Causes & Types of Medication Errors
Often doctors, nurses and medical facilities cite the harried pace of the facility or the patient’s nondisclosure as the cause. However, at the Texas law firm of Davis & Davis, we know medication error cases are often fully preventable and rarely the patient’s fault. More often than not, preventable medication errors result from situations such as:
- Incomplete health history: A medical professional not taking enough time to conduct a health history, thereby missing out on important information such as allergies or a complete list of current drugs
- Illegible handwriting: A doctor writing unreadable prescriptions or medication orders
- Allergic reaction: A physician not realizing an allergen is part of a drug’s ingredients, which in turn causes a preventable allergic reaction
- Overdose: A nurse failing to administer the proper dosage of a correct medication
- Failure to diagnose or treat: A medical team does not recognize an allergic reaction in the early stages or fails to treat it
As experienced medical malpractice attorneys, we have seen countless victims of medical negligence and medication errors. We know the trauma experienced by the families of those severely impacted by drug interactions or overdoses. We also know that standardized medical procedures are available to hospitals, nursing homes, doctors, and nurses if only they would take the time and make the effort to implement them.
Contact Us Today for a Complimentary Consultation
If you or a loved one suffered from serious medication errors, contact a Houston, Texas medication error lawyer from Davis & Davis today. We offer a free consultation, honest answers and aggressive representation. Protect your rights by speaking with us.
Davis & Davis proudly accepts referrals from Texas attorneys and law firms nationwide.