Hospitals, doctors, anesthesiologists, nurses, and other medical professionals have years and years of training. These professionals are held to a high standard of care because of the harm that can occur when and if they do make mistakes.
Unfortunately, it’s not entirely uncommon for these physicians to fall below or deviate from the accepted standard of care. If this has happened to you or a loved one and resulted in serious harm, you may be entitled to financial compensation in a medical malpractice claim. Contact a Houston, Texas hospital error lawyer from Davis & Davis to learn more about these mistakes and how our legal team can help you.
Types of Hospital Malpractice in Houston
Some common mistakes that hospitals make that may result in malpractice include hiring the wrong doctor for a particular role, a doctor coming into work intoxicated, or the hospital being understaffed. Failure of supervision or correction of issues from doctors may also constitute negligence. Both a negligent doctor and the hospital may be responsible when serious mistakes are made. These may include:
- Nursing errors
- Bedsores and pressure ulcers
- Pulmonary embolism
- Sepsis infection
- Prescribing unsafe medication or the wrong dose
- Failure to diagnose cancer before it is too late
- Birth injuries leaving children with lifelong symptoms or issues
- Failure to recognize preventable problems, including heart attack
- Failure to consult with a specialist
- Failure to order or evaluate necessary tests
- Leaving surgical instruments or sponges in the body
- Punctures or lacerations to surrounding organs
- Unnecessary surgery
- Wrong-site surgery
Whether through incompetence or carelessness, thousands of people lose their lives in hospitals needlessly each year. Our job is to help those who’ve been harmed because of hospital malpractice fight for the compensation they deserve and need. Don’t proceed without a skilled Houston hospital error lawyer in your corner.
What Damages Are You Entitled to After a Hospital Error?
Suffering an injury at the hands of a qualified medical professional leaves you in a unique position. Not only are you still likely facing the side effects of the original reason for surgery, but now you have new symptoms and side effects to deal with. For many people, this will create more trips to the hospital, along with added care or medication. This care can add up quickly, especially if you need corrective work done.
Your hospital error attorney will fight for you to get the most out of your compensation as possible, which can include economic and non-economic damages. This will include the cost of all tangible losses, like bills and expenses, as well as the intangible losses, like pain, suffering, and loss of enjoyment of life.
How a Dedicated Hospital Error Lawyer Can Help
When it comes to taking financial recourse and getting the justice you deserve after your medical malpractice accident, it is in your best interest to partner with a qualified hospital error attorney in Houston as soon as possible. This gives you the best possible chance at getting the outcome you are looking for. While you focus on resting and recovering, your hospital error attorney will help with the following:
- Filing your claim: When you attempt to file your personal injury claim without an attorney, you run the risk of missing the two-year statute of limitations and being offered a low settlement due to inadequate paperwork or misrepresentation of the extent of your injuries. Your hospital error attorney in Houston can handle all of the required filing, as well as help get low settlements re-evaluated.
- Collecting and assessing evidence: Proving your medical provider is at-fault for your injuries involves the gathering and assessing of evidence that is both time-sensitive and difficult to find if you do not know where to look.
- Establishing liability: Using the evidence, your Houston hospital error attorney will demonstrate your medical provider owed you a duty of care and breached it, directly causing your injuries. This leaves them liable for their actions and your damages.
Don’t try to navigate the aftermath of your hospital error alone. Submerging yourself into the world of medical malpractice can be confusing and overwhelming enough, even when you are not injured. By allowing the team at Davis & Davis to take over, you are getting yourself one step closer to the finish line.
Contact Our Hospital Error Lawyers Today
The Houston hospital error attorneys at Davis & Davis understand that our clients have suffered due to the carelessness of hospitals and doctors who engaged in negligent or reckless care. We are one of the only firms in the area with the expertise to investigate the circumstances and expose hospital malpractice.
Don’t turn to just any firm to represent you during this critical time and contact a competent and aggressive hospital error lawyer from Davis & Davis today. Our consultations are free, so you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by simply picking up the phone and dialing (888) 522-9444 or using our contact form. Davis & Davis proudly accepts referrals from Texas attorneys and law firms nationwide.