Hospitals, doctors, anesthesiologists, nurses, and other medical professionals have years and years of training, and procedures are set in place to avoid mistakes and provide a high standard of care. These professionals are held to a high standard of care because of the harm that can occur when they do make mistakes. Unfortunately, it’s not entirely uncommon for these physicians to fall below or deviate from the accepted standard of care, and if this has happened to you or a loved one and resulted in serious harm, you may be entitled to financial compensation in a medical malpractice claim. Continue reading and contact a Houston, Texas hospital error lawyer from Davis & Davis, Attorneys at Law to learn more about these mistakes and how our legal team can help you.
Hospital Error Lawyer Serving Clients in & around Houston, Texas | Here to Fight for You
Whether through incompetence or carelessness, thousands of people lose their lives in hospitals needlessly each year. Our job is to help those who’ve been harmed because of hospital malpractice fight for the compensation they deserve and need. Don’t proceed without a skilled Harris County, Texas medical malpractice lawyer in your corner.
Among mistakes that hospitals make is hiring the wrong doctor for a particular special role, or a doctor with a record of serious errors. Failure of supervision or correction of problem doctors may also constitute negligence. Both a negligent doctor and the hospital may be responsible when serious mistakes are made. These include:
- Anesthesia errors: Dosage errors, insufficient dosage, failure to monitor the patient, intubation injuries, and communication errors. These errors are especially frightening. When an anesthesiologist makes a mistake – such as a dosage error, intubation error, or failure to monitor the patient – the results can be catastrophic. The patient could suffer serious injuries or death.
- Hospital and nursing home falls
- Nursing errors
- Bedsores and pressure ulcers
- Pulmonary embolism
- Sepsis infection
- Prescribing unsafe medication or the wrong dose
- Failure to diagnose cancer before it is too late
- Birth injuries leaving children with lifelong problems
- Failure to recognize preventable problems, including heart attack
- Failure to consult with a specialist
- Failure to order or evaluate necessary tests
- Leaving surgical instruments or sponges in the body
- Punctures or lacerations to surrounding organs
- Unnecessary surgery
- Wrong-site surgery
- Radiological errors
- Other emergency room errors
Contact a Hospital Errors Lawyer Today
Attorneys at Davis & Davis understand that our clients have suffered due to the carelessness of hospitals and doctors who seemed like they were on autopilot, who refused to pay attention to their loved one’s signs and symptoms and to their families’ concerns. We are one of the only firms in the area with the expertise to investigate the circumstances and expose hospital malpractice. Don’t turn to just any firm to represent you during this critical time–contact a competent and aggressive Houston, Texas hospital error lawyer from Davis & Davis today. Our consultations are free, so you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by simply picking up the phone or contacting us online.
Davis & Davis proudly accepts referrals from Texas attorneys and law firms nationwide.