Your loved one went to the hospital with serious abdominal pain. The doctors said it was gastritis, a stomach ache! Hours later, your loved one died of a heart attack. A Houston, Texas heart attack & stroke misdiagnosis lawyer from Davis & Davis is here to help you fight this kind of deadly doctor error. Contact us today to learn more about how we can assist you through the claims process ahead.
Why Hire a Heart Attack & Stroke Misdiagnosis Error Lawyer in Houston, Texas?
The good news is that, when diagnosed and treated in time, heart attack and stroke are more survivable now than at any time in history. Unfortunately, disengaged emergency room physicians and poorly trained staff continue to misdiagnose or delay the diagnosis of heart attack or stroke, leading to needless suffering and wrongful death. Unfortunately, these cases can be very difficult to win on your own. That said, an experienced and aggressive Houston, Texas diagnosis error lawyer from Davis & Davis can offer honest answers, straightforward legal advice, and dedicated representation to families who have lost a loved one in Texas due to misdiagnosed or improperly treated heart attack and stroke.
Davis & Davis | Heart Attack & Stroke Misdiagnosis Lawyers
There are reasons that a doctor might misdiagnose or delay the diagnosis of an impending or ongoing heart attack or stroke, including:
- Anesthesia errors, such as the failure to monitor cardiac function or blood pressure during surgery, leading to heart attack or stroke
- Nursing error in failing to recognize or to respond to patient or family’s report of symptoms such as chest pain, shortness of breath, slurred speech, facial droop or one-sided weakness
- Misdiagnosis of heart attack as gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), gastritis, simple indigestion, or an anxiety attack, a common misdiagnosis in a woman having a heart attack
- Medication errors, such as failure to administer “clot-busting” medication in a timely fashion in order to prevent permanent brain injury due to stroke
- Doctor error in failing to take into account family history of heart disease or in ignoring the symptoms of heart attack or stroke because the patient is “too young”
There is no excuse for ignoring heart disease and heart attack symptoms in women and younger patients. Doctors know they have a responsibility to check cardiac function if there is even a slight chance of a heart attack. If they fail to do so and a patient dies, they can be held accountable for their medical negligence in a malpractice lawsuit.
Contact Davis & Davis for Help Today
If a loved one died of a heart attack or stroke that was misdiagnosed or diagnosed too late to treat appropriately, please contact the experienced medical malpractice trial lawyers at the Houston law firm of Davis & Davis today for a free consultation. Davis & Davis also proudly accepts referrals from Texas attorneys and law firms nationwide.