Going in for surgery is almost always a stressful experience, but fortunately, in most cases, surgery concludes without incident and the patient ends up in better shape than before. Unfortunately, however, this is not always the case. Surgeons, even with years and years of professional training, are sometimes guilty of making reckless mistakes. In some cases, these mistakes can lead to very serious injuries, including paralysis.
Nobody should have to suffer the consequences of negligent medical care. If you have fallen victim to paralysis due to the negligence of a surgeon or other medical care provider, you need to contact a Houston paralysis after surgery lawyer from Davis & Davis as soon as possible. Our Houston paralysis after surgery attorneys have fought on behalf of medical malpractice victims for decades and would love to do the same for you. We will use every resource and tool available to get you the compensation you deserve to move forward after your medical malpractice accident.
Understanding Surgery-Caused Paralysis
While most surgeries go off without a hitch, when surgeons are not careful enough while dealing with the central nervous system, things can go severely wrong. Paralysis injuries typically result from negligence before, during, or after spine surgery.
These types of surgeries are incredibly complex, so it is all the more important that surgeons take extreme care and caution when working through these surgeries. All team members must clearly communicate in order to properly care for a patient. Failure to do so can result in:
- Failure to recognize and identify developing complications
- Spinal epidural abscesses
- Spinal hematomas
- Spine fractures
- Wrong-level spinal surgeries
- Anesthesia injuries
- Surgical placement injuries
If you have been injured by any of these issues, a Houston, Texas medical malpractice lawyer from our firm is here to help you.
How a Houston, TX Lawyer Can Help Those Who Have Sustained Paralysis After Surgery
When it comes to navigating the aftermath of medical malpractice, it’s not uncommon to feel overwhelmed or confused on where to start. However, when you hire a knowledgeable and compassionate Houston paralysis after surgery lawyer, you are giving yourself access to someone who has extensive experience with the legal system. Partnering with Davis & Davis means allowing yourself to rest and recover from your injuries while a dedicated paralysis after surgery lawyer in Houston, TX focuses on the following aspects of your case:
- Collecting evidence: Evidence will need to be collected and assessed in order to demonstrate negligence. This may include detailed medical records and professional medical testimony to explain exactly what occurred.
- Establishing liability: Liability will be established using the collected evidence and the four components of negligence, which include duty of care, breach of care, causation, and the resulting damages.
- Filing your claim on time: Texas currently has a two-year statute of limitations for medical malpractice claims, meaning you only have two years from the date of the surgical error to file your claim. Our paralysis after surgery lawyers can help ensure your claim is filed correctly and on time.
- Fighting back against low settlement offers: It’s important to remember that insurance companies will do everything in their power to provide you with the least amount of compensation possible for your injuries. Our team will work hard to get you the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Davis & Davis is here to help talk you through any questions or concerns you may have about the personal injury process. We understand how foreign and scary the idea of filing a medical malpractice claim can be, and we are here to help alleviate some of that stress for you.
Recovering Damages After Paralysis Due to Surgery
Filing a claim on your own terms often means a low settlement offer. However, when you have your paralysis after surgery attorney oversee all filings and negotiations, you are giving yourself the best possible chance at an adequate settlement that covers the full costs of your paralysis injury. Common examples of damages awarded to victims of medical malpractice include:
- Coverage of past, present, and future medical bills
- Cost of emergency medical visits
- Rehabilitative or physical therapy
- Cost of any necessary medical equipment
- Lost wages due to the inability to work
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Stress, anxiety, and depression as a direct result of your paralysis
- Lost of quality of life
Our team will work hard to determine the types of damages you may be able to recover following your surgery.
Contact a Houston, Texas Paralysis After Surgery Lawyer Today
If you or a loved one has been injured due to spinal damage from surgery at a Texas hospital, contact a Houston, Texas paralysis after surgery lawyer from Davis & Davis today for a free consultation. We are here to fight for the maximum compensation which you are entitled to, and we will act as a guide throughout the entire process, from the initial consultation to the final settlement.
To start the process today, please call our office at (888) 522-9444 or use our contact form. Davis & Davis proudly accepts referrals from Texas paralysis after surgery attorneys and law firms nationwide.